Preparing Your Home For Listing
Selling Your Home is a Big Deal!!
When you are planning to sell your home, it helps to have a third party to evaluate your home and help you see it in a different light. Please don’t take offense. But, let me put it in a humorous way…"Pigs Don't Know Pigs Stink." While this phase is very catchy, the point is that we sometimes become so comfortable in our own environments that we fail to see the mess around us or to notice the stench of our lives and or our circumstances. The same can be true of our homes. You need someone who has the skills that can identify any potential issues with your home and to assist you in making the changes that will maximize your home’s potential.
I will provide you with a reliable and proven method to prepare your home for sale, to price your home appropriately and to get the word out to as many prospective buyers as possible. You benefit by selling your home faster and for the highest possible price. I have highlighted the five phases of my selling system below. I am confident this system will provide you with a competitive advantage over your competition.
1. Prepare: We all want to get top dollar for our homes. In order to do so, your home has to look its very best. With my experience, I will be able to help you identify and prioritize repairs and improvements that will provide the best return on your investment. Before your home goes on the market, I will offer home staging strategies to make every room stand out. Each house is different. But, I can help you determine how to highlight your home's assets.
2. Pricing: Pricing a home for maximum value involves several factors. A good Realtor will understand how prices fluctuate during the peak marketing season. They will understand how the current supply and demand affects pricing. They will know which neighborhoods compete with one another. Additionally, they will understand how your upgrades and improvements will affect your value over comparable homes in the area.
I will analyze your home, neighborhood, and amenities to devise a customized marketing plan with an effective price. If your home is priced properly and marketed correctly, it is possible to generate enough traffic through your home that could produce multiple competing offers.
3. Marketing: I will not market your home until you are ready to get the highest possible exposure. Since you are reading this online, you probably won't be surprised to learn that more than 80% of today's buyers first begin their home search online. I will utilize national, regional, and local MLS syndications so that your home will be exposed to the highest number of potential homebuyers.
I also understand that utilizing a professional photographer is critical for highlighting the pictures of your home on the MLS. Sometimes that means we will show several photos of your home. Sometimes, we will show less. Creating curiosity is key for maximizing more showings for your home.
4. Negotiating: Successfully negotiating a real estate contract is more than a matter of luck or natural talent. I have a proven track record of bringing buyers and sellers together. And I have the reputation and skills to negotiate a result that will help you get to the highest price a potential buyer is willing to pay, as well as the best terms, shortest contingencies, fewest repairs and lowest closing costs.
5. Managing: While your home is on the market I will provide you at least a weekly status update that will inform you with your top prospects, a summary of feedback from your showings, a review of completed and planned marketing activities and any recommended adjustments we may need to make. Communication is an important key to a smooth sale and a satisfied seller. In order to keep tabs on your competition, I will notify you when similar homes in your neighborhood hit the market, go under contract or sell. Once your home goes under contract, I will manage the details to help ensure that the entire transaction process goes as smooth as possible. This requires great communication with you, the title company, the buyer, the buyer’s agent, the buyer’s lender, and all the other people and organizations that can possibly get involved. There’s a lot of moving parts to a home sales transaction. I have the experience to ensure it will go as smooth as possible.